Senior Tours Consultant Job at Janta Kenya
Duties for the Senior Tours Consultant Job
- Development of domestic and international packages by visiting destinations and suggesting interesting travel routes or places of interest.
- Designing flexible tour packages to meet the needs of different clients and selling them along travel products.
- Exploring and identifying new business opportunities by promoting and marketing the business, sometimes to new or niche markets.
- Communicating a range of information on itineraries, destinations and culture.
- Making sure all travel arrangements run according to plan and that accommodation, meals and service are satisfactory.
- Organizing entry to attractions and transport, such as car hire.
- Dealing with emergencies, such as helping a holidaymaker who is ill or those needing to contact family members urgently.
- Organizing and attending tourism events, conferences, workshops, seminars and exhibitions.
- Developing strategies to hit or exceed sales targets, regardless of the size of the outlet or products offered.
- Making contact in advance with places to stay or visit to check details and arrangements by liaising with travel partners, including airlines and hotels, to manage bookings and schedules, often in advance.
- Dealing with customer enquiries and aiming to meet their expectations;
- Managing budgets and maintaining statistical/financial records and writing reports.
- Dealing with customer complaints.
Senior Tours Consultant Job Requirements
- Degree/Diploma in tours and Travel Management from a recognized institution
- Should have at least 5 years work experience as a tours consultant and 1 as a senior tours consultant.
- Good communication and customer care skills.
How to Apply
If qualified kindly send your CV to email@example.com clearly indicating ‘senior tours consultant’ on the subject line by 27th November 2017.