University of Nairobi Procurement Assistant Job Vacancy in Kenya April 2017
University of Nairobi Procurement Assistant Employment Vacancy in Kenya April 2017
University of Nairobi Procurement Assistant Career Opportunity in Kenya April 2017
- Company: university of nairobi
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
Procurement Assistant Job at University of Nairobi (UNES)
Responsibilities for the Procurement Assistant Job
Reporting to the Procurement Officer, the incumbent shall be tasked with the following responsibilities:
- Procurement of items for specific assigned UNES business units, UNES HQs and Specialised-Based Production Units
- Ensuring that procurement is done in a timely manner while ensuring value for money is attained for the specific assigned areas within GOK procurement guidelines
- Participating in the preparation, floating, opening and evaluation of quotations
- Preparing monthly reports for submission to the Procurement Officer on purchases
- Expediting orders
- Preparation of and custodian of Purchase Orders
Qualifications for the Procurement Assistant Job
- At least a diploma in Purchasing and Supplies from a recognized institution preferably from the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies.
- At least three years in procurement department
- Ability to work under pressure without supervision and knowledge of Public procurement rules and Regulations
How to Apply
Applicants interested in the above position should submit the following:
Cover letter detailing why you want to be considered for the position, as well as current and expected gross salary.
Detailed CV including at minimum:
Biographical data including: Full names, current mailing address, current telephone contacts, email address
Employment history to date. Ensure that specific start and end dates are included.
Educational history to date, clearly detailing the program, certificate obtained, and completion date.
Names of 3 referees.
Copies of ALL academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
Completed Personal Data Form (Download HERE).
Indicate the Job Reference Number of the Envelope.
Submit copies of all the documents required strictly via email; cover letter, testimonials, detailed current CV highlighting qualifications and experience, Academic and professional certificates.
All applications shall reach the undersigned on or before March 31, 2017 Chief Manager, Finance & Administration UNES LIMITED P.O.BOX 68241-00200 NAIROBI