Norwegian Refugee Council Human Resources Assistant Job in Nairobi Kenya 2016
Jobs Kenya Way : Norwegian Refugee Council Human Resources Assistant Job Opportunity in Nairobi Kenya 2016
Job Description : Norwegian Refugee Council Human Resources Assistant Career Opening in Nairobi Kenya 2016
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 4000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents.
The HR Assistant is responsible for assisting with HR matters at Nairobi office
The Human Resources Assistant will report to the Human Resources Coordinator for Kenya.
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners/employees and to check that its partners/employees have not been involved in illegal activities.
- Comply with with NRC’s HR policies and procedures
- Assist in the implementation of the organization policies and procedures
- Provide support in recruitment processes, including advertisements, filling applications, inviting candidates, organizing interview venues etc.
- Update staff records and files, including contracts, leave, medical, appraisals, etc.
- Generate monthly records and reports such as staff lists, leave and other HR statistics
- Process and follow up claims for medical cover and insurance
- Prepare staff contributions to relevant statutory bodies (social security, pensions etc.)
- Assist in preparing the national staff payroll
- Assist in training and capacity building arrangements
- Minimum Diploma in Human Resources
- One year experience working with HR
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own skills/profile
- Some knowledge of English
Education level: Academy college / University
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of the statutory laws
- Wide knowledge of the NGO operations and the dynamics of the humanitarian sector
- Excellent self and office organization
- A strong administrative service attitude orientation
- Excellent individual conflict resolution and problem solving skills
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential
- Good computer application skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, database and network communication
Duty station: Nairobi
Travel: Some travelling must be expected
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Deadline for application: 05/02/2016