NCCK Jumuia Hospitals Job Vacancy : Pharmaceutical Technologist in Kenya December 2017
NCCK Jumuia Hospitals Career Recruitment Vacancy : Pharmaceutical Technologist
NCCK Jumuia Hospitals Job Vacancy : Pharmaceutical Technologist
- Company: NCCK Jumuia Hospitals
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Kenya
Jumuia Hospitals Ltd. a group of hospitals providing both primary and secondary health care services and a subsidiary of the National Council of Churches of Kenya, invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates, to fill the following position in their Hospital in Huruma Nairobi
This role involves providing guidance and leadership to the Pharmacy and the use of medicine in the hospital ensuring provision of quality and timely services; while reducing on losses and maximizing on margins
Field Of Duties And Responsibilities
- Quality and timely service
- Cost effective use of resources
- High levels of health and safety practices
- Creation of a conducive work environment
- Continuous quality improvement
- Timely reports
- Team player
Roles for the Pharmaceutical Technologist Job
- Stock ordering controls in the hospital and from the suppliers.
- Staff management – Duty roaster, leave approval
- Stock checking report and escalate the same to the clinicians to avoid dead stock.
- Stock transferring approval from one branch to the other branches
- Prescription register to be maintained (softcopy through HIS)
- Manage the turnaround time in pharmacy to ensure efficiency.
- Stock return approval and credit note.
- Implement the operating policies and procedures as per the governing body.
- Distribute and maintain the resources required to meet the organization’s mission.
- Manage the departments’ day to day operations in a smooth manner.
- Respond to any reports from inspecting and regulatory agencies.
- Ensure the hospital pharmacy is complied with applicable laws and regulation.
- Oversight of quality management and improvement plan.
- Overall maintenance and operations of the pharmacy.
- Ensure availability of medicines as per the requirements at all points of time.
- Keep the reporting person informed of any customer complaints / feedback received.
- Random verification of inventory checked by the staff.
- Circulate short expiry and non moving medicines data to medical admin and hospital admin to take decisions to avoid loss
- Expiry of medicines must be avoided or minimized
- Always system stock should match with physical stock
- No prescription should get leaked out of the hospital. 100% compliance is required
- On the job training for the staff.
- To monitor and motivate the staff in dispensing drugs to the patients.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by management from time to time
Pharmaceutical Technologist Job Qualifications
- At least Secondary School Education (KCSE).
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology
- Registered with relevant Body and valid Practising Licence
- Management training / experience
Other Competencies/Abilities/Skills Required
- Supervisory skills
- Procuring skills
- Capacity to make decision in a crisis situation
- Strong organizational skills
- A team leader
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Analytical skills
- High levels of integrity and confidentiality
- Must have worked in a similar position for at least three years
How to Apply