NCCK Jumuia Hospitals Job Employment : Medical Records Information in Kenya December 2017
NCCK Jumuia Hospitals Career Vacancy : Medical Records Information
NCCK Jumuia Hospitals Job Vacancy : Medical Records Information
- Company: NCCK Jumia Hospital
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Kenya
Jumuia Hospitals Ltd. a group of hospitals providing both primary and secondary health care services and a subsidiary of the National Council of Churches of Kenya, invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates, to fill the following position in their Hospital in Huruma Nairobi
- Responsible for the maintenance of health records standards by monitoring the proper use of the various reporting tools to ensure that patients’ records are kept accordingly.
- Responsible for the implementation of records department paying attention to sensitive areas e.g. HMIS and confidentiality of patients notes/records.
Roles for the Medical Records Information Officer Job
- Participate in preparation of outpatient monthly reports.
- Collection and balancing of DBR on a daily basis according to wards.
- Issuing of general/revolving stationery e.g. continuation sheets, inpatient files etc.
- Filing i.e. patients’ files, reports and correspondences. At the discharge stage
- Photocopying of patient’s records.
- Collection and counterchecking of B1s and D1s.
- Collection and storage of files from wards, receiving in registers, filing and retrieving.
- Receiving, counterchecking and sealing of records stationery.
- Collection of reports of other departments on a daily, weekly and monthly basis (i.e. IDSRreport).
- Receiving of postmortem forms in registers, filing and retrieving them.
- Coding and indexing of diseases and procedures in medicine.
- Preparation of quarterly/monthly inpatient morbidity and mortality report and sharing the same at the CME
- Signing of B1s and D1s forms (Death and Birth Notifications).
- Compiling of hospital monthly reports.
- Compile and analyze hospital statistics.
- Compile and analyze maternity records statistics.
- Hospital surveillance reports (Management reports).
- Identify and implement initiatives for better cost management on a regular basis
- Sending Daily MIS report to hospital management team
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by management from time to time
Medical Records Information Officer Job Qualifications
- At least Secondary School Education (KCSE).
- Diploma /Certificate in Health Records and Information Technology
- Must be registered with Association of Medical Records Officers(AMRO) with valid license
Other Competencies/Abilities/Skills Required
- Good communication skills
- Able to work under minimal supervision.
- Must have worked in a similar position for at least three years
How to Apply