Meru Greens Field Agronomists Career Opportunity in Kenya June 2016
Meru Greens Field Agronomists Job Opening in Kenya 2016
Career Opportunity : Meru Greens Field Agronomists Jobs in Kenya
Meru Greens Horticulture EPZ Limited
Overall Purpose: To co-ordinate the entire daily fruits & Vegetables out grower operations in the allocated area geared at maximizing efficiency of available resources e.g. maximizing volumes from the out grower farmers and optimizing inputs while achieving 100% service levels.
Key Performance Areas / Objectives
- To drive the project’s production strategy and advising the coordinator on the same.
- To manage, Monitor and formulate the overall growing budgets and reporting on the same.
- To introduce and maintain a robust internal controls for out grower farmers.
- To achieve optimal utilization of provided inputs
- To ensure that out grower famers’ operations adhere to projects policies, procedures and other relevant marketing standards.
Performance Standards / The Job
- Responsible for compliance to GAPs and records keeping of both fruits & vegetables grown in his allocated area.
- Carry out the implementation of food for all projects in the county in liaison with county coordinator based at the county level in close consultation with the project coordinator.
- Bring together the communities and stakeholders in the county while serving as a linking and learning focal point in the regional team.
- Lead on pro-active and innovative outreach to the target groups and dissemination of information.
- Regular communication with the team and in particular the county coordinator and the project coordinator.
- Support organization of food for all activities and events.
- Mentor and provide agronomical advice to farmers.
- Support capacity development and empowerment approaches.
- Support county team in carrying out programs and accountability assessment.
- Provide periodical reports to the projects coordinator in a timely manner for proper feedback & implementation
- Planning and organizing the carrying out of famers’ demos.
Key Performance Indicators
- Consistency and relevance of reports submitted
- Level of farmers satisfaction including in his area
- Harmony in total projects operations in his area
Attributes / Qualification / Experience Required:
- 5 years experience with large scale crop production of fruits and vegetables preferably French beans.
- Excellent knowledge of feminist/women’s empowerment actors and issues in Kenya
- Knowledge of and affinity to social inclusion, marginalization, lobby and advocacy
- Degree in Agribusiness Studies/Horticulture or any related field.
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Ability to perform complex and multiple tasks.
- Valid riding license
- Knowledgeable in global GAP standards especially for EU market.
- Honesty and integrity
How to Apply
If you meet the qualifications above, and is interested in joining a highly performing team, please send your application, CV, academic and professional certificates & testimonials to email@example.com.
These positions are urgent and applications need to reach the mentioned address by 9th June 2016.