Our client is looking for a Resourceful Conservation Manager for a conservancy in Masai Mara. The successful candidate must effectively manage the ranger team in all their duties and maintain discipline and reporting structures as well as manage. He/She must have strong community relations experience and speak fluently Kiswahili.
Responsibilities for the Conservation Manager Job
- Ensure all users of the conservancy area are adhering to the conservancy code of conduct and bylaws including those of the Grazing Regulations.
- Implement the livestock management plan and ensure that this is appropriately controlled and communicated to all relevant stakeholders.
- Oversee the collection of any cattle fines administered for trespass within the conservancy and ensure this money is appropriately recorded.
- Ensure all conservancy equipment, infrastructure and assets are properly maintained.
- Maintain a petty cash float and submit expense sheets for reimbursement.
- Ensure effective communication is taking place between the Management Company and the Conservancy Landowners.
- Produce a brief weekly report covering for the Board of directors: Work completed & scheduled, grazing, wildlife, security and landowner updates.
Qualifications for the Conservation Manager Job
- Strong Organisational Skills.
- HR and workshop experience.
- Livestock experience an advantage.
- Basic accounting.
- IT knowledge including GPS tracking & mapping skills.
How To Apply
Salary: Monthly gross salary: Negotiable depending on experience and skills
Deadline: 5th of February 2017