IRC Community Health Extension Workers Job Recruitment in Lodwar Kenya 2016
Jobs Kenya Way : IRC Community Health Extension Workers Career Employment in Lodwar Kenya 2016
Job Description : IRC Community Health Extension Workers Career Opening in Lodwar Kenya 2016
The Community Health Services function entails:
- Sensitizing communities for uptake of quality health services;
- managing common ailments and minor injuries at community level;
- tracing defaulters to ensure compliance with health interventions such as immunization, tuberculosis treatment, malaria control, antiretroviral, malnutrition, antenatal care;
- conducting community health diagnosis and recommending suitable interventions;
- referring health cases to appropriate health facilities; and
- coordinating community health activities, workers and committees.
- monitoring, evaluating and preparing community health reports;
- facilitating planning activities at community level;
- mobilizing the community and other stakeholders;
- advocating and mobilizing resources for community health activities; and
- facilitating, training and developing community health volunteers / workers and members of community health committees.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Certificate/diploma in any of the following disciplines: Community Health, Psychology, Counseling, Social Work or Community Development from a recognized institution; and
- Certificate in Computer Application Skills from a recognized institution
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and result.
- Demonstrated professional competence and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- The selected officers are expected to work under the supervision and guidance of the Department of public health, in the ministry of health framework in Turkana County.
CLICK HERE to apply online
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.