Central Bank of Kenya Career Opportunity – Risk Officers 2017
Central Bank of Kenya Career Vacancy – Risk Officers 2017
Central Bank of Kenya Job Opportunity – Risk Officers 2017
- Company: Central Bank of Kenya
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type:
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Kenya
Automation of risk management in the Bank’s risk function, coordination and implementation of the Risk Management strategy, carrying out risk assessment and maintaining the risk registers of all business units, coordinating and managing the activities of assessing and measuring risks and advising on the required controls.
Responsibilities for the Risk Officer Job
- Automating Risk Management in the Bank.
- Implement risk assessment activities which involves analysing risks as well as identifying and measuring the risks affecting the business units;
- Carrying out risk evaluation, which involves comparing estimated risks with the criteria established by the Bank such as operational costs, legal compliance and environmental factors;
- Working with various Business Units to establish and quantify the Bank’s risk appetite;
- Participate in the development of risk reports for a variety of audiences such as heads of business units, Senior Management and the Board of Directors;
- Developing and Implementing common processes, practices, tools and risk metrics to reduce risk exposure;
- Participate in the development of staff training programs that build risk awareness within the Central Bank.
- Participitate in the development of initiatives to build a culture of risk awareness in the bank.
Qualifications for the Risk Officer Job
- Minimum: Upper Second Class Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Accounting, Finance, Banking or related field.
- Professional certification in Risk Management will be an added advantage.
- One to two years’ experience as a Risk Management Officer.
- Knowledge in financial systems
- Clear understanding of emerging technologies, risk management issues and relevant emerging issues in Risk Management.
- Ability to rapidly learn the business and strategies of the Bank operational units
- Excellent communication, analytical, planning, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think strategically with creative problem solving skills.
How to ApplyClick here to apply.