City Lodge Hotel Junior Assistant General Manager Career Recruitment at Two Rivers in Nairobi Kenya September 2017
City Lodge Hotel Junior Assistant General Manager Career Vacancy at Two Rivers in Nairobi Kenya September 2017
City Lodge Hotel Junior Assistant General Manager Job Recruitment at Two Rivers in Nairobi Kenya September 2017
Position Vacant: Junior Assistant General Manager
Closing Date for Application: 7th September 2017
Apply to: General Manager, City Lodge Hotel at Two Rivers
Scope of the role
- To ensure that all front office administration is completed as per the laid down policies and procedures.
- To ensure that a courteous and efficient service is provided to guests in line with the Company’s vision, values and fundamentals.
- To ensure that all employees in the hotel’s front office are trained in accordance with the Company’s training and development goals.
Outline of Responsibilities:
- Ensure that as per the budget, all cost percentages are achieved.
- As a team you will be required to ensure that the hotel is fully compliant with all audit requirements.
- As a team you will be required to ensure that month end and financial year end are prepared and submitted by the due deadline date monthly/annually.
- You will be required to assist with the preparation of budgets which are prepared annually.
- Ensure that all Front Office Procedures are complied with including (but not limited to); reports, O Status, Non Staying Folios, In House guests and Master folios on a daily basis
- Manage the rooms inventory so as to ensure maximum rooms are sold, at a favourable rate and with a guaranteed, sufficient method of payment and that the 6pm release policy is adhered to at all times.
- Ensure that all expenditure is noted correctly, within budget and as per audit requirements
- Ensure that you are aware of the various required statistics which are recorded on the intranet on a monthly basis
- As instructed you may be required to assist with the completion of SLA documents which are completed with service providers on a monthly basis / other as stipulated
- Ensure that all required employment procedures are adhered to
- Ensure that you are familiar with the entire contents of all specified literature.
- Ensure that all current and future reservations are checked on a daily basis so as to ensure; data integrity, method of payment etc.
- All boardroom and conference room bookings must be processed correctly so as to ensure that all requirements are taken care of.
- Ensure that all documentation has been filed correctly per shift / department.
- All emails and correspondence must be checked, processed and effectively distributed per shift per day.
- Ensure that you are aware of all applicable legislative requirements.
- Ensure that all invoices are received, split, processed and posted on both Excel and Accpac.
- Ensure that all applicable documentation are boxed, recorded and stored in line with the relevant requirements.
- Ensure the safety and security of the staff, guests and hotel property.
- Ensure that all required stock takes are conducted in line with audit requirements.
- Ensure that all equipment is used, stored and maintained in line with operating procedures.
- Ensure that the hotel is fully compliant with all Occupational Health & Safety requirements.
- Contribute to and support the “I’m Kind” programme.
- As instructed and in conjunction with the relevant Sales Executive you will be required to find new business and maintain relationships with corporate clients.
- You will be required to assist with the preparation of the rosters which must be prepared and published by the 25th of each month, K-drive updated accordingly and a copy emailed to the GM.
- Ensure the continued training and development of self and all staff
- Ensure that all food, beverage and vending is presented in line with hygiene requirements and to the highest standard at all times.
- Ensure that highest possible standard of cleanliness is achieved and maintained at all times
- Ensure that all LodgeAbility Service Encounters are continuously trained and adhered to at all times.
- Ensure that every guest receives exceptional service at all times.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The post holder will undertake training and development as appropriate
REPLACEMENT AND TEMPORARY MISSION
- May be assigned to perform reliever duties when colleagues are off duty.
Basic Conditions And Benefits Of Employment: These are in line with normal company policies and practices, specific details will be communicated to an applicant should he/she qualify to be interviewed.
Line of Reporting and Communication:
- Responsible To: The General Manager
- Responsible For: All Hotel Departments
- In Communication With: All Hotel Departments
Education, Training and Experience Requirements:
Level of Communication Skills
- Must be in possession of good communication skills.
- Knowledge of a Foreign Language will be an added advantage.
- Minimum education: Degree or Diploma in Hotel Management
Level of Experience in the Job Advertised
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role is required.
Please send a copy of your curriculum vitae, accompanied by a letter which sets out your interest in the post, and your suitability for it to: FAGM@clhg.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.