Afribusiness Job Vacancy : Project Manager in Kenya December 2017
Afribusiness Job Opportunity Vacancy : Project Manager
Afribusiness Job Opening : Project Manager
- Company: Afribusiness
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: No Categories
Our client is a non-profit independent organization in Africa. They are a regional umbrella body with over 35 official members and have a permanent operating Secretariat base in Nairobi that coordinates its activities. Our client is searching for an experienced Project Manager.
The Project Manager supports the Executive Director in the smooth daily operations of the Secretariat through management and coordination of programmatic and resource mobilization work; management of the Secretariats support functions in finance, administration and human resources and deputizing for the Executive Director in his/her absence.
Project Manager Job Responsibilities
- In conjunction with the Executive Director provide senior level input into strategic planning processes and development of operational plans and budgets;
- Identify, develop and implement organisational policies and practices to enhance the Secretariat’s internal structure and operations;
- Assist the Executive Director to organize the meetings of the Steering Committee and General Assembly and other core Secretariat meetings, to ensure they are well prepared, executed and serviced, including the timely distribution of preparatory papers and minutes, with logistical support from the Administration Officer;
- Provide coordination to the Programmatic work of the Secretariat to ensure that they are functioning in a co-ordinated manner in way that gives effect to the organization’s strategic goals, aims and objectives;
- Provide advice to programme, legal and communications staff where required, especially with regard to project planning, budgeting and monitoring;
- In conjunction with the Executive Director advocating the organization’s views in relevant regional and international forums, conferences and representing the organization to visitors, partners, and other stakeholders as required;
- Work with the Executive Director on the design and implementation of fundraising strategy and coordinate preparation of fundraising applications; and manage donor relationships;
- Ensure sound financial controls and systems are in place for accountability and effective use of financial resources. Ensure that the organization complies with all relevant legislation covering taxation and accounting;
- Coordinate preparation of Department budgets and budget revisions. Monitor and report on Secretariat expenditures to Executive Director. Authorize payments for organization’s activities;
- Commission the annual financial audit in consultation with the Finance & Administration Manager;
- Responsible for effective human resources policies and implementation;
- Develop and motivate the Secretariat staff team, facilitating internal communications and coordination;
- Management of Heads of Departments (Programmes, Legal, Finance & Administration and Communications).
Qualification for Project Manager Job
- Masters in International Relations, Development Studies, Human Rights or other Social Science;
- Bachelors in Social Science or relevant subject
- Project Management Experience; 6 years’ experience in senior management role.
How to Apply