Administrative Assistant latest Job in Nairobi Kenya 2015
Career Recruitment: Administrative Assistant
Background: The East Africa Trade and Investment Hub (the Hub) is the U.S. government’s flagship project under the presidential Trade Africa initiative, launched in 2013 to boost trade and investment with and within Africa.
The Hub partners with East African and U.S. businesses to attract investment needed to transform the East African private sector into vibrant global trading partners.
Improving the region’s trade competitiveness, encouraging the diversification of exports beyond natural resources, and promoting broader, more-inclusive economic growth will lead to more food secure and resilient East African communities.
The goal of the Hub is to deepen regional integration, increase the competitiveness of select regional agricultural value chains, promote two-way trade with the U.S. under the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA) and facilitate investment and technology to drive trade growth intra-regionally and to global markets.
Purpose: The Administrative Assistant will provide personal assistance support for the Chief of Party (COP) and Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) in the performance of all the administrative duties related to their day to day work.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following detailed tasks:
- Handle calls, mail, and electronic communications and routing messages and information to COP & DCOP.
- Make appointments and maintain the COP & DCOP calendars.
- Schedule and prepare materials for meetings.
- Taking notes during meetings or training sessions as requested.
- Maintain project files and office supplies as needed.
- Assist with processing of local work permits and travel visas for COP & DCOP.
- Preparing official letters and other types of business communication tools.
- Assist to research different types of information and prepare presentation as needed.
- Assist during travel by managing itinerary.
- Assist in planning, organizing and managing events
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent.
- At least 4 years work experience in the administrative support field or as a personal assistant to a director or chief of party, preferably one year with USAID or other international donor-funded projects.
- Excellent writing, speaking, and reading skills in English.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate with e-mail, word processing and spreadsheet analysis experience.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work as part of a team.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Base of Operations: Nairobi, Kenya
Reporting: Directly to the Chief of Party or Deputy Chief of Party
Interested applicants should apply via the link https://daieatradehub.formstack.com/forms/admin_assistant by November 30, 2015, 5.00pm East Africa Local time.
Only candidates who send their information by applying through the link and by the deadline will be eligible.
Visit http://www.eatradehub.org/dai_opportunities to view the scope of work and learn more about The Trade hub.
DAI is an equal opportunity employer.