mHealth Kenya Lead Software Developer Recent Career Opportunity
Job Vacancy: Lead Software Developer
mHealth Kenya is a limited liability company that brings together a team of experts with a diversity of knowledge and experience, and a deep understanding of ICT for Health.
mHealth Kenya’s purpose is to bridge communication gaps among remote healthcare facilities, community workers, and central government headquarters to improve care and treatment.
mHealth Kenya endeavors to explore numerous applications of mobile health (mHealth) technology, such as increasing direct patient care, rapid lab results communication, worker training, and drug supply-level management.
Over the last several years, mHealth Kenya has risen to be at the forefront of facilitating improved public health through use of mobile technologies.
mHealth Kenya is working with several partners development and implementation of projects that improve health information and reporting systems.
These projects require the following highly trained and qualified personnel:
Lead Software Developer
The role will primarily be responsible for the scoping, planning and designing of solutions for mHealth Kenya.
The role will manage mHealth Kenya’s technology teams to develop, implement, maintain and support all solutions as required by our stakeholders.
The role will operationally report to the CTO and will offer tactical guidance to the technology team which consists of software developers, implementation engineers and support engineers.
- Lead technical scoping for existing and new solutions
- Oversee requirements gathering for all solutions and develop product and solution documentation
- Lead solution development and liaise with all stakeholders’ teams to ensure adherence to budget and timelines
- Manage all implementation of solutions as per stakeholders’ needs.
Technical support and service management
- Develop, manage and operationalize all client SLA’s
- Ensure effective monitoring of services
- Ensure accurate and fast ticket and incident management
- Engage with stakeholders on matters around technology operations.
- Oversee timely and effective issue escalation and resolution with third party service providers.
- Ensure accurate and regular service reporting for all client services.
Continuous Service Improvement
- Maintain and manage a roadmap of technology deliverables that are important to ensure continuous improvement of products and services.
- Drive usage and activity efforts from a technology POV to optimize user experience.
- Review and propose cost reducing improvements to products and solutions offered to mHealth stakeholders
- Manage the delivery process to ensure timely and high quality delivery of new products for mHealth Kenya
- Manage required internal relationships to ensure prioritization and sufficient resources
Resources management (People and Capacity)
- Build and manage people capacity to develop, implement and support mHealth Kenya’s products and solutions
- Provide technical guidance and professional leadership for all technical teams.
- Develop/roll out training programs for technology staff to be able to handle their responsibilities and the meet business goals.
- Improve productivity and efficiency to ensure costs are in line with budget plans
- Provide input to the business for budgeting, estimating, planning and objective setting with respect to technology operations.
- Define and improve the governance structures required to effectively manage, control and improve technology.
- Mature mHealth Kenya’s technology operating practices against global benchmarks using ITIL
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of technology experience, with at least 3 years’ experience in leadership role
- At least 3 years of experience in developing, deploying and managing technology solutions (software development, mobile applications and web development)
- Effective written and oral communication with all levels of the organization including senior leadership
- Sharp analytical abilities and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and synthesize action items from disparate options and trains of thought
- Mature judgment, negotiation, and leadership skills
- Excellent leadership skills and teamwork skills
- Results oriented, high energy, self-motivated
How to Apply
All application letters and detailed CVs, copies of certificates, telephone contacts together with names of three referees should reach us no later than 25 November 2015
to Email: email@example.com
mHealth Kenya Ltd.
Rosami Court, 3rd Floor, No.6
Muringa Road, Kilimani
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted